Thank you for visiting this site, I hope you find it beneficial. The site was developed to make it easy to access important information needed in your daily practice. There is no cost to use the site, but donations are greatly appreciated to fund the maintenance and expansion of the site. There is a link under “Contact us” to donate.
Eileen Moss, MS, RN, PEL-CSN
School Nurse Help, Inc.
- Back to School Immunization Guidance and Best Practices, Fall 2016 - Link
- Special Education Medical Review Requirements beginning July 2016 - Link
- Updated Concussion Safety Act Helpful Resources from the CDC CDC Heads Up
- New required form to Request to waive immunizations or Physical Exams due to religious beliefs
- ISBE has a very useful page regarding School Health Topics - Link
- Modifications to the HIPAA rule that occurred in January 2013 that enables healthcare
providers who are HIPAA covered entities to share immunization information to schools with
verbal/email parent permission. - Link
- ISBE Guidance Document for Self-Administration and Self-Carry of Medications
for Asthma and Allergy - Link
- Use of Use of Undesignated Opioid Antagonist Public Act 99-0480
- ISBE Administrative Rule on Undesignated Epinephrine and Opioid Antagonist. This is a large document, scroll to the last third of the document (Subpart E 1.540).