Physical Fitness Facility Medical Emergency Preparedness Act
Click here to view act
The Act mandates that schools have:
- A medical emergency plan – a written plan for responding to medical emergencies that occur at the facility during the time that the facility is open for use by its members or by the public.
- An AED is required in every school.
- The facility must ensure that there is a trained AED user on staff during staffed business hours.
- In the case of an outdoor facility, the AED must be housed in a building that is within 300 feet of the outdoor facility where an event or activity is being conducted.
- AEDs must be properly tested and maintained.